Cloud Operations Engineer
- Druva Inc (US Headquarters)
We are looking for a highly motivated Cloud Engineer, GovCloud to join our innovative startup. The candidate we are looking for is an experienced cloud software engineer who is ready to design, automate and support our cloud infrastructure framework. Ideal candidate would also have experience with build management and would support development engineering on multiple environments.
- Build a fully automated, highly elastic cloud orchestration framework which allows us to leverage multiple cloud providers programmatically.
- Implement and execute monitoring solutions and services for high availability and performance
- Leverage third generation configuration frameworks such as Ansible or Salt to improve manageability of the environments.
- Define and automate procedures for in service upgrades and maintenance.
- Design and deploy highly available and scalable NoSQL database clusters.
- Develop automation scripts for backups, deployments and disaster recovery.
- The new hire must be a U.S legal resident.
- A relevant university degree and/or minimum of 5-10 years of experience deploying and managing SaaS operations.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations.
- Experience working with next generation Object/Block storage (S3, Swift, etc.).
- Advanced programming experience using Python and enough Bash to be dangerous.
- Experience with at least one configuration management solution such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef or Puppet. Experience with Salt is highly prefered as we are a python shop and extensibility is key.
- Experience with implementing monitoring tools such as Graphite, Zabbix, Nagios, Riemann, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch or Solr) is a plus.
- Experience working with third party RESTful APIs
- Experience with Systems and IT Operations
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source tools.
- Focus on business outcomes
- We are the best in breed and do not believe in politics or heavy oversight, everyone must be self managing; You can identify a problem, triage priority and are empowered to resolve.
- Experience with security issues, audits, and protection a plus
Location: Sunnyvale, CA