Sr. Solutions Engineer, Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Druva Australia
Druva is hiring an exceptional Sr. Solutions Engineer for Australia and New Zealand, responsible for supporting all aspects of technical pre-sales within the region. As a foundational Solutions Engineer for the region, you’ll play a key role in delivering the value of Druva’s solutions and defining Druva’s success in ANZ. The Sr. Solutions Engineer will support the entire pre-sales process and build relationships with prospects, customers, and channel partners. It will be your mission to be a subject matter expert on the entire suite of Druva data governance solutions, understand a prospect’s needs, architect solutions for them, and ensure success throughout the evaluation process.
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about technology, detail oriented, process driven, consultative in your approach, and enjoys both the challenges and rewards associated with a successful startup company. You should have a consistent track record of success delivering enterprise software and solutions. In addition, you should be comfortable selling SaaS solutions and technologies within a startup environment to contacts at a variety of levels within an organization. If you love working with market leading technology, prospects, and clients, then we want to talk to you.
Druva’s inSync product provides a fully integrated enterprise-class endpoint data protection, file sharing, analytics, and governance suite, built to handle the fast growing demands of end user mobility while reducing the workload for IT. Ranked #1 by Gartner for 2 years running.
- Conduct discovery calls, qualify prospects, and attend on-site meetings with Account Executives.
- Differentiate Druva’s Product/Solution offerings to audiences ranging from CxOs to engineers and educate them about Druva’s technological superiority. Clearly articulate features and translate to business value.
- Deliver awe-inspiring technical product presentations and demos, provide timely and insightful responses to customer queries, and recommend creative ways Druva can solve customer problems.
- Attain a deep technical understanding of Druva’s products and its competitive positioning.
- Perform on-site installations, training, and ensure the success of customer POCs.
- Understand and participate in answering the functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Deliver sales and pre-sales training to channel partners.
- Develop strong, long-lasting relationships with prospects, customers, and channel partners. Be the customer advocate.
- Create technical sales collateral (presentations, demos, tools, etc), collaborate and share with the global technical sales team.
- Clearly communicate customer requirements to the Product management team.
- Maintain a complete and timely report on POCs and any assigned project.
- Meet business objectives, working in collaboration with Sales Executives in the region.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience working with relevant IT technologies as a vendor, IT consultant, integrator, or end-user.
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales role working with enterprise software solutions (Backup and SaaS experience a plus)
- Background as a system administrator or engineer a strong plus. Experience with MS Windows, OSX, and Linux preferred
- Familiarity with hosted services, Cloud (IaaS/SaaS), and Web Security
- A strong desire to learn in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, internationally as needed
- Fluency in English
- Technical degree from a top-tier university
- Able to work from the home office while the region is being developed
- Australian Work authorization
- Deep desire to understand “how things work” and convert to practical advantage
- Entrepreneurial spirit: passionate about joining a startup, adaptable to changing situations
- Technologist: understand the problems faced by todays IT organizations and how to apply current technologies to solve them
- Self-starter: take responsibility and do what it takes to get the job done with minimal direction
- Team Player: build relationships across a global organization, sharing and learning from others
- Organized: lead complex efforts and initiatives, breaking them down into tasks, and clearly communicate progress
- Pragmatic: analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve important objectives
- High professional standards: a commitment to individual and organizational excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills: succinctly and clearly communicate with customers, peers, and management
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty
- Fearless attitude to try new processes and iterate to scale a global sales force
Location: ANZ (Sydney or Melbourne preferred)